The following jobs are currently available:
Assistant Farm Manager
Do you have a can-do attitude? LOVE working outdoors? Passionate about food & how it gets from field to fork? Inspired by the idea of keeping livestock?
We are looking for someone who is interested in working outdoors, who would enjoy an agricultural-based job with great potential for growth as we expand. No experience is necessary, though experience with stock or growing is an advantage. Enthusiasm and an interest in food are more important to us, as is a willingness to grow with us.
This role will include the following:
- - Stock Management of our flock of free range laying hens, including: collecting eggs, vaccinating, logging temperatures and egg numbers, hen welfare, general shed maintenance, changing the grazing areas, opening and closing pop holes.
- - Planting and maintaining our vegetable patch (including seeding and potting in the greenhouse as well as planting out), ensuring the best produce is grown and cut for sale in the shop
- - Working with our Shop Stock Manager to ensure the shop is always fully stocked with vegetables and fruit
- - Landscaping and maintenance of 15 acres of grass paddocks
- - Taking care of our existing flock of (6) lambs, with the potential for more care of stock as we expand
- - Speaking with the public as and when necessary about our vision for the business and the work we do with animals and with growing to provide for the shop.
The successful candidate will be:
- - Practical, friendly and hands-on
- - Quick and eager to learn
- - Able to complete physical tasks in an outdoor environment
- - Enthusiastic and interested in food and where it comes from
Please fill out the contact form below, or call us on 01423329063 for more information. Deadline for entries is 22.05.17.